Original topic:

samsung note9

(Topic created on: 08-17-2020 04:48 PM)
timk204
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
I own a note 9 after my last update my phone seems to be constantly prompting me to transfer files over to my SD card. Then once cleared it prompts me that its unmounted. Ive tried everything. Optimizing my phone. Deleting old files/pictures literally everything..... ive even tried taking my SD card out and cleaning the contacts on the card. It just seems to keep promoting me this. I'm not sure if its a sd card issue. Or of its a software problem.. but it happends multiple times a day and is starting to get frustrating because i have no clue how to get rid of it. 

0 Likes
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Looks like it keeps thinking the card was removed/inserted? Try to clear the cache partition first, then reseat the card.
0 Likes
timk204
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
tried that. it still keeps happening
0 Likes
Zeoswj
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
try a different sd card... could be a defective card
0 Likes
timk204
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I've had this same sd card since I got the phone.. i can actually transfer files to it. it recognizes the SD card. ive even formated it.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi timk204,
Thanks for performing the wipe cache partition of the device. I suggest you to perform the factory data reset of the device and get back to us with the results.
Kindly backup your data and reset the device through below steps after removing the Samsung and Google accounts from your phone:-
Setting > Backup and Reset > Factory data reset OR Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Normally it's showing this message when your phone is connected to another device or when you have another storage connect to your device...

Can you take me a printscreen of your storage . Device care/Storage/Avanced 

Screenshot_20200817-211538_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
timk204
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
its only connected to the SD 🤷‍♂️
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi timk204,
Have you performed the factory data reset of the device by following the above steps? If yes, please provide us the results.

0 Likes