Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

smart select not sharing with Messenger anymore

(Topic created on: 03-19-2020 07:31 PM)
Emil
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello everyone! I can't share screen crops to messenger anymore. Started by itself with no recent changes in my settings or such. The cropped image kinda freezes, messenger shows up, but without the crop. Just as if you would launch it normally to use it with nothing to share. 

I can share regular pictures / screens crops from messenger directly. Doesn't work from my gallery either. 

Any idea? 

Android 10 one ui 2.0 note 10 plus

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@Emil,

Please uninstall and re-install the messenger app and if you are still experiencing the issue, please try wipe cache partition as suggested by Tallman.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
dizzy
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
having the same issue. super frustrating actually.
0 Likes
Emil
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@dizzy try clearing ur background apps right after u uninstall. Then reinstall, right after. I first tried uninstalling reinstalling without this and it didn't work. Hope this helps. Good luck! It's indeed a major pain until u figure out how to fix it.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I am using same OS and phone like you. But I have no problem.
Note 10+ / Android 10 / One UI 2.0

The only different is I did a factory reset after Android 10 upgrade.

You can try boot into recovery mode and then do a wipe cache partition to see if it fix your problem.
Emil
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the tip! Really appreciate the time. I was just about to try it but I finally fixed my issue by simply uninstalling the app and reinstalling it lol. I did originally try this, multiple times, with no success. What I ve done differently this time is killing the background apps between uninstall re-install. Anyhow, it's nice to see pple tryin to help!! Thanks again. Cheers. :)
0 Likes
Solution
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@Emil,

Please uninstall and re-install the messenger app and if you are still experiencing the issue, please try wipe cache partition as suggested by Tallman.

0 Likes