Original topic:

so disappointed

(Topic created on: 09-17-2020 12:03 PM)
luqy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
If you are going to buy Note 20, just keep in mind that next year your $1600 phone value will be $500.
Think twice ...... facts based on samsung website.
Last year I bout my Note 10plus for $1500 and now

7 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi luqy, 
Trade-in value is determined by the current resale market of the device being traded in, specific make, model and condition are also used. The markets are analyzed constantly to ensure you get a fair trade-in value.
Clover Wireless is a certified reseller and recycler who periodically reviews the current trade-in value table and updates the value calculator based on market conditions.

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Clover wireless were giving me $200 for my Note 9 not long ago, which i sold myself within an hour for more than triple that amount.
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It'd probably be best if Samsung Canada reassess their trade-in partner every year to ensure the Samsung customers get the best possible value. The US Samsung store offers way better value and some Canadian retailers offer a better value as well.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi erwin & RobertZ, I will forward your suggestions to the team. Thanks for sharing your opinions on the Trade-in program.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Samsung trade-in value is a joke, as is starting that it is based on the current resale market. They aren't trying to help the customer, but instead are trying to make a healthy profit on selling a used device.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
i dont see it as much different then trading in your car.... you can either go through the pain of listing it yourself, or take the quick and easy route for less money
0 Likes
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
trade ins are always a rip off.. one good example is a video game trade in, even though unopened, value will always be 40-60% less than its resale value..
0 Likes