Original topic:

spen breaking

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 10:06 AM)
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Am very upset with the fragility of the spen that came with my Note8.  Two broken in last two weeks under very light pressure, after 2+ years of usage. 

Both broke at the seam between the top and bottom of the pen, suspiciously so!  Why is that seam even there????  Is this a case of designed fragility/planned obsolescence by Samsung.  A web search of other disgruntled users seems to support this.

Looking at it, seems it would not have been hard to design a more sturdy spen.

Time to try another brand!
4 Comments
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @vitruvius,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with it. Could you send a picture and I will escalate it? We'll try to get down to the issue.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
What does that even mean, "escalate" it???
How about replacing what is obviously a defective design?
My fourth Note and have had to fork out big bucks with every one to replace broken spens. Am more than fed up.
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I had the same issue with mine. unfortunately my warranty was up. so Samsung replacement was not an opction for me. that being said the replacement cost was around 50 Canadian for a Samsung brad new spen. if that's not an issue for you I'd recommend that. I however just bought some from ebay. and another from a Canadian company I found online. you can get them for around 20 dollers with free shipping.

I am not aware if the pressure sensitivity would match exactly or not from unbranded. additionally tho I would recommend changing your tip of the spen more then a year. they come with the replacement tips in the box. if you brought a Samsung authentic phone. I hope this can help you.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I should mention that you can use other spens as well. there is a toggle option in settings for it.
0 Likes