Original topic:

third party apps limited to camera features on note 10+ snapdragon

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 10:30 AM)
pixelline
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Will there be an update to open up access to full camera features like 4k @60fps, exposure control, shutter speed etc... to third party apps like filmic pro?? Samsung stock app gives you little to no control of the video mode. Or will I have to switch to iPhone and never look back???
0 Likes
7 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
I am sure the iPhone is the way to go!!!

Not.... but you have to love these little threats
0 Likes
pixelline
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I'm a avid Samsung user but Samsung limiting their camera controls and features, while not providing full control on their own app is abit displeasing.. apple and Google allow full control with full features in all third party apps.
Galaxy Note
@pixelline, soon, samsung will introduce a Directors View mode in Camera, This will enable you to switch between the front and rear camera IN A VIDEO. PRETTY NEAT, EH? Just stay on Samsung
0 Likes
pixelline
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
but will that give you control of your exposure, iso, and focus?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
YEs, you will be able to take PRO VIDEOS!! Search it up
0 Likes
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Chat with tech informed me no plans in works to be able to use Telephoto or Wide Angle cameras in Pro Mode...extremely dissapointing.
0 Likes
pixelline
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
they should release full functionality to third party apps.. would love to use the note 10+ in filmic pro with log and 4k 60fps... I feel even if there were plans to let us use them, Samsung would keep it hush hush