Original topic:

unable to receive notifications (sound/vibrate) during call

(Topic created on: 12-09-2019 12:57 PM)
ThinPanda
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi Samsung Note Members,

I am new to Android after long relationship with Apple. I like my new Note. However, i noticed one thing which i didnt like and i am not sure if it is a bug or something i missed in settings.

When i receive messages or emails from any app during a call, i donot hear sound or phone wouldn't vibrate. It was fine when i am not on call. I checked all settings and it was fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 
15 Comments
Galaxy Note
Go into the phone app, press the 3 dots, select Settings, select Call alerts and ringtones and look for this option.
Options
Galaxy Note

Wow, by the time I finished typing that you already beat me to the punch! Thanks @Cprice and @ThinPanda for your quick responses:]

0 Likes
ThinPanda
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @ThinPanda! Welcome to Samsung Members!

This is actually a setting you can toggle on and off. I think some people didnt like having the phone vibrate when calls were happening, so thats why an option exists for that.

You can go into your dialer > the three dot menu button in the top right > Settings > Call alerts and ringtones > Notify during calls

Go ahead and toggle that on, and all alarms/notifications should be working during calls after that. Hope this helps!:]

Cheers,

Jeremy:]

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Well - It doesn't seem to be a a software issue - There's no issues on either my S9+ One UI v1.0 or S10+ One UI Beta v2.0 - Since he's getting Notifications when not on a Call - It might be worth backing up with Smart Switch & performing a Factory Reset - That's of course if they already tried a Reboot (which I'm sure they must have - Even if it was unrelated to this issue) & Booting into Recovery & Wiping Cache... They could also try Safe Mode to see if there's a conflicting user app that was installed.. 🐧
0 Likes
emmmm
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi Jeremy! I got the same issue with my note 9 and tried all things to fix it. However, nothing works. Even my active watch's notifications are the same.
0 Likes
ThinPanda
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
HI Jeremy,

thanks for your reply. it was already enabled. but still i am not getting notifications sounds/vibration during calls.
Galaxy Note
Check that you don't have apps that aren't Notifying you during Calls "sleeping" or under "Data Saving" - Since* you have the Correct set in the Dialer - But Have you tried Toggling it Off & On a couple of times in the Dialer Settings? 🐧
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @ThinPanda,

Hrm, thats a little concerning it should be working. Try @Shaggyskunk1's suggestion of checking to see if the app notifications/toggling it on and off. Let me know here if it doesnt work - I'll escalate your situation for you!

Cheers,

Jeremy:]

0 Likes