Original topic:

10th Galaxy S Anniversary: What's your favourite Galaxy S?

(Topic created on: 02-18-2019 12:47 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
In two days, there will be a new device that nobody here knows anything about. Who knows which cameras are used to deliver 10MP 4K selfies with OIS? Who knows where the ultrasonic fingerprint scanner is located? Who knows how the Infinity-O display is made? Who knows what the SD855 processor can do? Who knows how the Galaxy S10/e/+ trio is going to be called?

So let's not answer those burning questions and instead focus on something else.

What was your favorite entry ever in the Galaxy S series?

I'll begin with the Galaxy S7. This device got a ton of things right. Improving upon the Note5 design, the device just sits well in your hand. Everything good about the S5 and the S6 was kept and fused together to give this device (excluding the IR blaster).
The Exynos 8890 proved to be an excellent chip, being absolutely better than the SD820 (except GPU). And it had an unlocked bootloader in Canada! 
The QHD Super AMOLED display is as good as possible thanks to an ever-expanding color gamut, together with even more realistic colors thanks to a smaller Delta E.
The star of the show was the camera. After always giving us higher resolution snappers, the S7 gave us what we truly needed. From the S6/N5's 16MP sensor, we got a 12MP one. What seems like a downgrade was a huge step forward. Bigger pixels + brighter aperture + Dual Pixel PDAF = stellar pictures. The legacy of this change lives on today as most flagship devices have a 12MP camera, though this time paired with a variable aperture.
Other niceties include the grand return of IP68 water and dust resistance, plus a MicroSD card slot, plus the biggest battery of the series at 3000mAh.
And all this in a small body, and within 8mm of thickness.
9 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
i jumped ship from the ios train back in jan 2017 and got a galaxy s7 edge with android 6.0.1 and i was blown away. i loved everything about it. then i got android 7.0 a few months later, then it just got better and better from there on with android 8.0. i have very fond memories of that phone and would likely still have it today but my wife jumped the ios train too in nov 2018 and we both got an s9 plus and we both love it.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'll say the S7 is my fave so far. the last to have a flat screen and not having to do extreme finger acrobatics to navigate with one hand. solid camera and I like the reflective silver colour.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I mean, all the stuff in that first paragraph was leaked like a million times. That's not really anything left to the imagination lol. My favorite is the S7 because it's pretty much perfect for what it is.
0 Likes
User616
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
My Favorites S4 , S7 , S9.
0 Likes
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have a special place for the S5. the removable battery, and IR blaster I thought were amazing at the time. Both gone now lol. 1080p was just fine for me. And I remember when it got Marshmallow I thought it was amazing. It was also my first flagship phone, came from the Galaxy Ace phones before that so that is likely why I think so highly of it lol.
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I've only owned the S8+. I've only owned Notes and it was a great phone.
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I currently own the galaxy s9 with oneui and I love it tho I miss the bigger phones of the previous that I've had such as the s9+ and the note 8, best phone I've ever owned from Samsung tho was the s6 edge, even today I'd use it for a daily phone or even a spare if I could find one cheap enough, as for the actual posted question what phone of the s10 line am I looking forward to the most? I'd probably have to say the plus model, whether it has the 5g or not makes no difference to me :)
0 Likes
s72016
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Samsung s2 hands down! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
I'll throw my input into the mix—my favourite is probably the S8 generation, because I LOVE the Infinity Display! It's so sleek and modern 😊

Thanks for posting this @CHMultimedia!

Cheers,
Sabrina