Original topic:

3h screen on time on S20+

(Topic created on: 04-16-2020 05:27 PM)
EmersonHaensel
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, everyone,

I'm wondering who else only gets about 3 hours of screen on time on the galaxy S20+.

I'm not doing heavy stuff. Just the usual day to day use.

0 Likes
12 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
you should post a screenshot of your battery usage stats
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I just added the screenshot. I think it's dumb that it starts a new cycle everyday at 12 a.m. So we have to take off 40min of my todays screen on time. Today a I got more than 3 but its usually around 3 - 3½
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Is this the first week with the s20+? And also no dark mode on? 😟
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No, it's the 3rd week and I only use dark mode at night and 120hz is always on. I tested it with 60hz. It's actually not that big of a difference but still...😐
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes I agree that the battery usage stats were better previously - Being able to see the SOT over the total time since the last full charge was more useful.

With the battery in your device - You SHOULD definitely be getting a lot more than 3 hours of SOT!

Check that you have Battery Optimization enabled & FYI - Social Media apps like WhatsApp - FB - IG want to run continuously in the background & are known to be battery "killers".

Try using Night Mode as well as it can improve the battery life per charge.
Galaxy S
Okay, alright. Thank you very much. I've had battery optimization already on but I put all my social media apps "on sleep" maybe that will help. Thanks for your help
Galaxy S
I much preferred this Battery Usage Stat.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
on my note 10+...
EmersonHaensel are you sure you have tried 60hz at least for a 1 time full discharge of the battery.
Also, have you set adaptative battery and optimize function like on those pictures
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks for the help @Shaggyskunk1 and @cassidy.

@EmersonHaensel, please try the suggestions provided by them and write back to us if it works.

0 Likes