Original topic:

A discovery

(Topic created on: 03-19-2019 09:22 PM)
LooneyCanuck
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I had gotten a new s9 a couple of weeks ago, but it had a problem that I didn't realize at first.  It didn't seem to pick up when I touched that green button when someone was calling me.  I just kept tapping it and tapping it but it wouldn't answer, so I had to call some people back.

I tried to use live chat, I called Samsung and even used Smart Tutor.  They recommended that I back up all my daya and settings and to a complete restart and restore. 

It turned out that you can't just touch one of the colored buttons, you have to do a swiping motion with your finger.  it's a small detail that slipped ny me.  Has this happened to anyone else?
0 Likes
5 Comments
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
When you hold either the answer/decline button, it will show an arrow movement which, personally, I think correlates to a 'swiping' motion.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
it's funny that you mention this as I did the same thing when I went from my S5 to my S7 edge.. it was just a habit with the S5 to tap to answer but with the S7 edge you had to swipe to answer...
I was all confused for about 5 minutes...lol that's what happens when old age creeps in
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
The swipe prevents accidental touches...
Galaxy S
And that's the whole idea - Dollars to Donuts - some people would be complaining about answering or dismissing calls accidentally - Just Sayin' 👍
cnewell74
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
You're definitely not alone. This has happened to more people than the number who will admit it! I've "fixed"this same problem for no less than 3 people. Took me a bit to understand what was happening at first, but the others described it just the same way. You're in good company.