Original topic:

A50 vs S9 vs S10

(Topic created on: 08-23-2019 09:57 AM)
MEV
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Any advices on which one 1 should upgrade to? Those are the ones offered. I have a A5. 
0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy S
FWIW - My S9+ is an all round better device than my S10+

While the S10+ has better (bigger battery) - In day to day use - The S9+ has a FP scanner that just works.... ALL the time!

There's not really any noticeable difference in battery life in the way I use them & there's no difference in performance I can see or feel.

I'm not a photographer - But the cameras on both devices take images that are substantially more than adequate for me!

The display of the S9+ doesn't have a hole in it! I know that some people feel that they get used to it - But I see it every time I wake the screen.. it really DOES bother me & to the extent that I hide the WiFi & Data Icons - In my opinion they look ridiculous offset to accommodate the selfie cameras.

Samsung elected to ditch the Notification LED on the S10 series & Even though Samsung SAID that they were going to use the light ring around the selfie camera (Back in March) Samsung still hasn't done anything about it??

Thanks to 3rd party Developers - We are able to get Notifications...

As for cost - You can probably get a smokin' good deal on the S9+

S9+ or Note9 is what I would suggest...
My 2 cents 🐧
0 Likes
MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
And how would you compare A50 vs S9? You're saying S9 do or don't have the notification led? I really miss it on my a5
0 Likes
MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
S9. Proper flagship, better in every aspect compared to the A50. Except the battery but in every other aspect the S9 is much, much better. S10 improvements aren't really worth the price markup.
0 Likes
MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I was told the s9 has a edge screen so more fragile and is not water resistant. . I work on a farm and need a decent strong phone
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The S9 is water resistant, unlike the A50. You can get a good case and the edges are not a problem anymore. The A50 has a glass display too that is more vulnerable to drops than the S9 (S9 has Gorilla Glass 5, A50 is Gorilla Glass 3)
0 Likes
MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks
0 Likes
rongbin99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

In all fairness, it depends on your budget. I would recommend the S9 as it is IP68 rated (dust and water-resistant) and has pretty good hardware, plus it's now heavily discounted. S9 is currently the best "bang for your buck" type of deal.

0 Likes
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
get the note 9 all around good bang for the buck
0 Likes