Original topic:

AOD

(Topic created on: 07-23-2018 12:29 PM)
Alchemist
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Is it possible to add custom gif on AOD ?? I think good lock does it but only has a limited number of pre installed gifs
0 Likes
8 Comments
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, just download some GIF's to your phone from the internet and use that.
0 Likes
Alchemist
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
but how ,I have june security patch not the latest one
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Download a GIF from Internet. Then open the gif from Gallery and select set as AOD from options 🙂
Personally I don't find it useful, gif plays like few milliseconds and then turn to static image. I use 3rd party app to have full screen aod instead.
0 Likes
Alchemist
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
what app is it @richman??
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
This one. It's a great app! You get complete full screen AOD images which looks stunning and pixel switches from time to time like default Samsung AODs so it doesn't affect your screen.
p.s: I'm doing only important app backup to reset my phone that's why it's not installed rn. b1096e03-27d6-4eea-89ef-a1b65fca9fbf.jpg
0 Likes
Alchemist
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks Captain. btw how much does it affects the battery life???
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No prb. It doesn't affect battery life that much because they use half pixel images made by the developers themselves. You can't use 3rd party images, they have tons in their own store.
I personally didn't notice any battery life impact from this app at all when compared with normal aod on my S8+. I lose 1-2%% battery per hour on standby normally, with this app I still lose 1-2%% per hour or close to an hour ig.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Alchemist, you can always set gif to your AOD without using third party apps. From Settings > Lock screen and Security > Clock and Facewidgets > Clock style, please choose GIF that you would like to add as a part of AOD. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes