Original topic:

After the newest Pie update

(Topic created on: 05-20-2019 12:50 AM)
ViTi
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone noticed this additional icon on their notification bar after the latest Pie update.

It's the wifi calling icon and prior to the update, it only shows when I'm in a wifi call. Now it seems to stay there as long as I have wifi on, and goes away when wifi is turned off. I just thought it was a little weird since when I initially saw it, I thought I accidentally made a call.

I am using the s10+, with Freedom as my carrier.

Any thoughts? 

8 Comments
Galaxy S
Check your QS Tiles - You probably Toggled on WiFi Calling - With & Without - You don't have to make a WiFi Call to see the Icon if it's Toggled on 😉🐧
0 Likes
ViTi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for the screenshots Shaggyskunk1. I don't have a wifi calling toggle in the tiles so I checked my settings and 'wifi calling preferred' was turned on, which is what I'd like. It's just strange how I have always had this setting on, even before the latest update, but I would never see this icon until I was in an actual wifi call. Something about seeing the phone icon there all the time makes me antsy.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Do you have WiFi Calling with Freedom? You SHOULD be able to add the WiFi Calling Icon to your QS Tiles with adb - If you actually have it... 🐜 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🙂
0 Likes
ViTi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Lol, I do have wifi calling with Freedom , but I don't use it as often as I'd like to. Kind of considering turning it off now to hide the icon... too many 🐜🐜🐜 if there's no workaround.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If you don't like seeing this icon, install Good Lock, install QuickStar, go to Indicator Icons and disable IMS icons. This will not disable WiFi Calling, you just won't see the icon
ViTi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That did the trick ! Thanks for saving the 🐜🐜🐜 CHMultimedia ! Also, just realized my Quick Star needed an update 😄
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No problem
0 Likes
BigJay16
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
freedom has been pretty good cover, all things considered
0 Likes