Original topic:

An unauthorized attempt has been made

(Topic created on: 02-22-2019 08:49 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
So yesterday I crossed the border from Canada into the states, like I've done many times before with my s9 phone, and this time I pulled out my phone and saw the little blue android dude doing something on the screen. I just assumed it was an update for something. When I got to where I was going, it said something like an unauthorized attempt was made to sign into your device. So then the only way to use it again was to go through the painful procedure of setting it all up from scratch as it reset itself. Thankfully I back it up to my Samsung cloud account which was a big help, but it doesnt back up all of the information. You then have to go in to each app and reset all of your notification settings, widgets, etc. Man what a pain in the butt, especially since I spent a long time previously trying to get rid of all the Google junk I had on my phone and the syncing, and photos and drive, etc. I had to sign into my Google account and the default setting put it all back on my phone, so then got rid of it again. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've no idea why and I did read something about a sim card may have affected it, but I've never had a problem before. 
0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy S
Blame US border agents lol - But yeah weird - That's what you might see if you used Patched Odin to different CSC... I'm guessing that you weren't while you were driving...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Not when I was driving, actually dont know what that even means. sounds technical.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
They thought you were of "interest". Fortunately, Samsung Knox security didn't let them proceed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Geeze I hope not, maybe next time I'll shut the phone off and restart when I'm in the states. Perhaps when it switched networks.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Switching Networks should never make this happen - ever. Something else was going on... don't know what exactly?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Very strange, hopefully I can find out.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Wondering if it has anything to do with this? Scary stuff for some...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/can-u-s-border-guards-search-your-phone-yes-and-here-s-how-1.3765602
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I read that before and I find it ridiculous. I dont have anything to hide at all, but it sounds like they dont need much of a reason to detain or search you.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - It's certainly possible that US Customs has the technology to remotely scan people's devices (raises a bunch of questions) & under the current political climate in the US - I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are profiling people & if you're not a puffy white gun toting hillbilly - You could certainly be a target?