Original topic:

Android 10 slowing down S9 phones

(Topic created on: 03-11-2020 07:48 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

I heard on Reddit that the Android 10 update for S9 is slowing down all the phones. Does anyone know how to stop it from slowing down or can Samsung give an explanation?

Thanks

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's also killing battery life on the S9 is there any way to fix these problems?

0 Likes
15 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Parameters > Maintenance > Optimization This will stop apps in background.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Not good advice. Closing apps won't solve this issue. And they'll open back again shortly
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Try a benchmark to see if performance is indeed down. Some Members reported they felt their devices were slower and a benchmark could prove it. Personally, my scores are the same
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I just did a benchmark on my S9 plus running Android 10 in it's pretty well the same as when it was running Android Pie.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@JustZap, Can you give us the link  talking about that it's also killing battery life ?

@CHMultimedia says : Some Members reported they felt their devices were slower and a benchmark could prove it.  I'm one of them...

Since Android10, my Note10plus is around 15 % slower than before , it was confirm by CHMultimedia in the following post :

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Vos-Bugs-Android10-One-UI-2-0-NOTE-10-FR-EN-Which-bu...

1583938792245.jpg1583938782313.jpg

0 Likes
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
No my S9+ work perfectly and faster, me i like the new version of Android 10 and the person who have buy the S8 a month before the S9 doesn't have the new version of android and the peoples who have buy the S8 and said that it's the same as the S9 sorry for you.
And whit the new android version i have more space on my memory, before the new android update i have 2.9 G0 of space on my memory and now i am at 3.4 G0 of space on my memory.

Alain
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Alain45, are you also JustZap to give this answer ?

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
You guys should see higher benchmark scores on Android 10 than you did on 9.

On my S10, in Geekbench 4 (Highest scores listed).

Android 9: 3488 and 10507

Android 10: 3496 and 11208

Not a crazy difference, mainly in multicore performance.
0 Likes