Original topic:

Android OTA updates woes maybe ending.

(Topic created on: 06-14-2019 03:48 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I saw this article on Android authority about a month ago and I think that this will be an amazing improvement for Android in the future. It appears that Google is working on a way to use the play store for security patch updates. This would be amazing 😃🙏🏻👌🏻. I hope that it actually happens for Samsung devices as well LOL because who only knows Samsung may find some way to screw that up lol, or not, we will see I guess.

7 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
wow 🤦🏻‍♂️....yeah that was part of the reason why I got the S9 is because it's supported project treble but it doesn't seem to have really been any kind of benefit so far. 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
maybe if the community gets all on board and chirps at Samsung enough maybe they will allow it in the future?🤷🏻‍♂️ just an idea.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Haha yeah maybe - But I'm thinking that stuffing a Tasmanian devil down their corporate pants would be more effective... lmao 😂
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yeah. no. I along with many many people have voiced our discontent about how Slow and late in the game, the updates are sent to our phones in Canada ... I don't think I will ever buy another phone from Samsung after my S9+.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I get what your saying, as much as I love Samsung hardware, I would consider other options but we will see what is available at that time.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If you love Samsung and want fast updates, just get an exynos version lol. That's the solution but I want free second year warranty I get vs 90 days with Amazon sellers hence I live by with slow updates :(

But at least this snapdragon is better than exynos by large this time
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I remember before Samsung would state that they take along time to push updates because of "quality control" to be sure it's right. lately that doesn't appear to be the case, so I hope they can get these issues sorted out because it really s.u.c k.s having to wait aleast a month or more in most cases. to hopefully get an update for one and hope it has bug fixes in it. it wouldn't be so bad if updates where more frequent.
0 Likes