Original topic:

Android P Camera feedback suggestions

(Topic created on: 11-21-2018 12:44 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Now on Android P/OneUI, when you change the camera modes, you can't scroll directly to the mode you want. It's one by one, which is slow and irritating since the system also loads the mode in question before allowing to swipe to the next mode. On prior versions, you could just scroll without interruption.

e8e8dafa-a106-4749-826b-4b459e9c8d71.jpg

Also, please replace the "Front/Rear camera toggle" with the record button. It's easy to swipe up or down to get a selfie and you have plenty of time to take one, but that's not the case for a video.

Also, please re-add the HDR toggle in the top of the Camera UI without having to go in Settings. Or at least give us the option to change the toggles. I don't need the timer option of the Full Screen option. 
0c429d1f-276c-4f15-a194-5f3905d8db61.jpg

Also, please add back the Auto Filter option in Filters. It was very, very convenient.

Finally, Scene Optimizer doesn't work. At least it works once at the camera opening, but not after.
ed150103-7c1f-4309-8267-cc5f4ba8bbca.jpg
13 Comments
Mezabaru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
is this on the Canadian variant? how did you get android P on it?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Flashed the latest US build. Its actually a very straightforward process

But all those changes are a huge step backwards so I'm going back to Oreo. Samsung Internet 9.0 is very poorly designed. And the huge rounded corners are also putting me off
0 Likes
Mezabaru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ah I know the SM-G960U source code is the exact same as the SM-G960W when I requested it awhile back that's what they told me.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Apart from CSC, it's a carbon copy.
0 Likes
Mezabaru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'll be holding out until theres a Canadian release, I'd be on pie if it weren't for this accursed locked bootloader.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You don't need to unlock the bootloader or trip Knox to get foreign firmware
0 Likes
Mezabaru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
sorry I was referencing custom firmware, in the past I've baked my own.
Galaxy S
Well - It IS a beta... so
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
For Scene Optimizer, that's logical. But the rest is design choices which aren't related to bugs
0 Likes