makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
I haven't used any VPN or anything like that

0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Whatever network you're currently connected to is monitoring your activity I believe, this can be remedied by using a VPN.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I tried this and it does go away but when I disconnect, it comes back. Anyway to fix this?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The only way to prevent network monitoring is to connect to a VPN or an unmonitored network, so if you wanna get rid of that without connecting to a VPN you'll have to connect to a different network entirely, if it still displays that message when connected to an LTE network then your carrier of choice is monitoring your network usage which is kinda sketchy but phone companies can get away with all kinds of crazy stuff.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Either way I'd stay connected to a VPN if that message continues to be displayed unless you are connected to a VPN otherwise some not so favourable people could get ahold of your personal info like passwords and credit cards and stuff.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I think it's because your linked to windows .. if you turn that off does that turn off?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
nope. It stays on even when I'm roaming, away from my laptop
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi makeanimationssmooth,

Found a kb from Samsung knox, seems to be a known issue. See if it is the issue that you are having?

https://support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013363628--Network-may-be-monitored-shown-after...
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks for the answers

Hey @ makeanimationssmooth,

It is a network monitoring warning added by Google as part of the Android KitKat (4.4) security enhancements. This warning indicates that a device has at least one user-installed certificate, which could be used by malware to monitor encrypted network traffic.

Galaxy S
so should I be concerned with this or no?
0 Likes