Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

April 2020 Update - Keyboard Issues

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 10:58 AM)
howmanyavengers
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
After my S10+ forcefully updating to the newest April patch, I have had nothing but issues using the updated keyboard. It constantly registers letters I never pressed, the word suggestion barely works and suggests words that I never use, it consistently lags behind in haptic feedback when typing (ie, pressing letters on screen doesn't immediately receive haptic feedback). Is anybody else having issues with this trash update? My keyboard worked perfectly fine before the update and now I can barely type a sentence without having to correct something.
0 Likes
10 Comments
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try a Wipe Cache Partition 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/m-p/3156063#M1...

Also delete cache and data in the Keyboard application. In both solutions you need to restart you device after.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi howmanyavengers, Please try the resolution provided by Cassidy and let us know if you need any help.

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I would say you should just use Gboard instead.
0 Likes
howmanyavengers
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
seems to have fixed my keyboard issue, thanks!
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@howmanyavengers

To help other people with the same problem, click on the 3 dots where solution is and Click on" Accept as Solution "

@Keagan or @Kinsley, why don't  you do this like Moderators in other country ?

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

I agree with you Cassidy. Unfortunately, that option is available with the users after trying the steps and if it works then they can accept the solution.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Thanks @howmanyavengers for accept as solution

@Keagan
Why don't you put a button near the Like button for the «Accept as Solution » like in other country ?
We are the country with the minimum solution all around the world and this is abnornmal
Accept as Solution is the best way to help users here if they search a solution
I show you what we see in European country
Screenshot_20200511-202625_Chrome.jpg
French European country
Canadian don't have any VISIBLE "Accept as Solution " to really provide help to people

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Cassidy, We will take your idea as feedback.

DataminedFedUp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I hate this phone. Apps open of their own accord, can"t access mobile internet, poor sound quality, dropped calls, can't delete Bixby, Galaxy store etc. Awful.
0 Likes