Original topic:

Are good S20 sales coming in the future?

(Topic created on: 03-27-2020 12:49 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So I was reading this article on android authority and it got me thinking with the way almost everything is put on hold and the Economy is tanking. I think most likely in the next few months we will likely see the S20 with good promotions, which for me personally would be very good. My contract is ending in a few months and if the S20's are on a good promo I may have to pick one up. I was strongly considering holding on to my S9+ longer or wait for the S21 to launch and what would be the best value by then. 👌🏻👍🏻

16 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I concur.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
also it's because if the joke of the trade in values and discounts.. the USA you can get around 700 off a device, where Canada most times there's no incentive and the trade in value is ridiculous I think my S10+ is worth 330 from Samsung.. right now I think they do have an extra 200 off though but still not as great as the states
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
700USD, so about 1000CAD.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya I seen that. I think that's Ridiculous, also U.S plans are dirt cheap and there Dollar is worth more. 🤷🏻‍♂️ dosen't make sense.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung told me they would give me a trade in value of $200 or so for my Note 9. 🙄
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Too expensive and coming at a time when people in key markets are wondering whether they'll have jobs tomorrow. I'm still within my S20 Ultra return window and am seriously considering returning the phone at this stage since there is so much economic uncertainty. The value of the phone is more than a mortgage payment for many. Lastly, when I ordered my S20 Ultra from Microsoft they were assuring me of $1000 CAD trade in value for my Note 10+. I brought it a few days later and they said "sorry, it's only $650 now". That is a ridiculous amount for a phone that is still retailing for nearly $1,400 all in. I opted to go private sale for the Note 10+ but the second hand market is now dead too because of the COVID-19 mess. I'm offering a Note 10+ aura glow for $960 CAD with Samsung Care Plus and I did not get a single bite. Mint, box and all, plus 4 cases. So yeah, no wonder it's not selling well. No incentives and no way for those wanting to upgrade to do so economically.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya some valid points for sure. when the S20 was announced I have to say I was a little shocked by the price, even for the base S20 just because its "5G". however I have to say I'm not necessarily against buying an S20, I'm just not willing pay asking price for it. so unless they have a sweet promo or The price gets dropped significantly in several months, I'm Not going to buy one. Also as far as I know my Carrier that I'm with and most carriers in my area don't even offer 5G. so There really is not much benefit to buying a 5G device right now.
0 Likes