Original topic:

BATTERY

(Topic created on: 10-18-2020 03:23 AM)
baculfomiss
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi.

It has been a week since I got my new Samsung Galaxy, and I was pretty bothered by its battery. At 4500 mAh, my expectations are of course, high.

One night, before sleeping, I disabled my Wifi and Bluetooth to save power and surprisingly the next morning my battery drained 10% even without actually using my phone because I WAS ASLEEP.

So, I googled and learned that "POOR NETWORK SIGNAL CAN DRAIN OFF PHONE BATTERY, FASTER". Indeed, there is very poor signal at home.

I tried enabling Airplane Mode the other night to test and VOALA!!! it only drained 2%. Now, that's what I do and so far, it is consistently saving battery consumption.

Still, i'm monitoring my phone.
#JustSharing
7 Comments
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Same here. I always turn on Airplane mode whenever i get to sleep every night and the battery of my phone remains the same the next day. 😉
baculfomiss
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
👏👏👏👌👌👌
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Or switch to 2G instead of enabling airplane mode, as important calls or messages wont push through.
0 Likes
Kenobijim
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Agree. You can also automate this with Bixby Routines.
0 Likes
baculfomiss
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you for this. Still, there is poor signal at home. Most of my contacts just reach me via Facebook messenger and viber. Thank God there is WiFi. 🤣
0 Likes
chickpea1004
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
have you tried turning on the power saving mode? if yes and the battery still drains fast, I'd suggest having it checked at a service center already. I knoe they replace the unit if they find any problems with the battery (factory defect) and if it's within a week since you purchased the phone.
0 Likes
baculfomiss
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup. So far, no major concerns.
0 Likes