Original topic:

Bad product

(Topic created on: 06-19-2019 02:40 PM)
upset_samsung_user
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I can't stand what the Samsung product is becoming. First and foremost I am writing this because I want back the feature to swipe left or right to call or text. I know it still works in phone but no longer in text app which was literally the best and most frequently used feature. Replacing it with a button in the top right of conversations is moronic and makes me hate how Samsung constantly removes useful features. Also, Bixby is a completely inferior and just all around terrible feature. I am more than happy using "ok google" built into the Android OS and can't stand that Samsung is slowly trying to force Bixby to ovveride all of the same features google does. Not to mention that fact that the side button dedicated to Bixby can't be remapped to anything. If you can't make a voice activation that isn't completely awful than stop forcing users to use it.

11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree that the Swipe to Call/Message gesture should be reimplemented in the Messages app.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
what about just raising the phone to your ear and it automatically dials ... that's not bad either.
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
lol Bixby button is remappable for quite awhile now
Galaxy S
I wonder what this Toggle does... 🤔🐧
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It used to work in Messages as well
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
If you want to remap the Bixby button, check out https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-remap-the-bixby-button/%3famp

"head to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby Key. We recommend choosing Double press to open Bixby, which means you’ll just need to tap the button once to launch another app. Tap on Use single press, and then tap on the gear icon next to Open app. Look for the app you want to launch — it can even be the camera — and select it. That’s it! You’ve successfully remapped the Bixby button."
Galaxy S
You might want to check - It doesn't seem to be available on the S9+?
I use bxActions to remap the Bixby button to disable Bixby completely & have it set up to open what I want & to perform the actions I want - Screen Shots from my S9+ & S10+ 🐧
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I agree, I don't like the way they force Bixby on it users. it's a half baked product and it's unreliable and so limited in function. The updates for Bixby as well are small and are a lifetime inbetween, then it's still garbage afterwards. also I think Samsung doesn't allow users to remove Bixby because they know likey 99% of us would remove it completely 🤣. then all that R&D for Bixby would be for nothing lol. honestly the reviews and these forms should honestly tell Samsung get their exspections of a what they think Bixby is out of clouds, and really see what their customers think it is, and take note.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Since people seem to overall like Google Assistant more than Bixby, if Google Assistant allowed Samsung to extend its functionality, Samsung could possibly merge Bixby into Google Assistant to create Google Assistant Samsung Edition. 😆