Original topic:

Biometric Security Patch install failed

(Topic created on: 04-13-2019 12:52 AM)
Aaron1
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I got notification today telling me there's a important security patch available to download but the installation fails every time. I cannot get rid of the notification either. What should I do? 
10 Comments
jax7501
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
same problem here
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
There is another post going on this one that I started. follow that one in case we get any resolutions.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Same issue happening in the US FYI - Some people got it & others not able to get it..
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hey Santa! curious..how do people get to go to Samsung unpacked?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@IflySolO I think that they are chosen by the deference they pay to Samsung... lol - I don't have a clue... never been chosen for a free trip & more interesting - Free Latest Flagship... I'm sad now that you asked 😢
0 Likes
Centori
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
just talked to a Samsung tech rep, he told me they are aware of the issue and there will be a patch release on April 15 to fix this, and also that patch should resolve the random reboot issue some people are experiencing... so fingers crossed!
Siggy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Just got the April 15 update.  Biometrics still will not install. Note the Biometric update is not in the  April 15th update . It comes pushed from the galaxy store as a 10 meg file for snapdragon model s10

Aaron1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same here. The update still won't install
0 Likes
Aaron1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just talked to a rep. The info he gave me is a bit blurry but what he's saying is the carriers are processing the maintenance release(MR) right now and it should be available to us soon. But they always say that so who knows
0 Likes