Original topic:

Bixby button remapping

(Topic created on: 07-13-2017 02:34 PM)
Dilbert
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Once again there is a lot of chatter on the internet after Samsung blocked T-Mobile users from remapping the Bixby button.

I think Samsung's attempts to block the remapping is a big mistake, ESPECIALLY since Bixby doesn't look like it going to be available and useful in English any time soon. Now we have a dedicated button on the S8/S8+ that does nothing useful...why not allow users the freedom to remap it to something useful?

When Bixby is finally ready, Samsung can always push out an OTA update to map the button back to launching only Bixby.
6 Comments
dude92
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Heavily agreed, next go round I'm dropping samsung.
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I strongly strongly agree as well.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Not a bad idea if this happens it will allow users the little bit flexibility and as you right mentioned Samsung can always update when Bixby does come available for English speaking.....
0 Likes
Dwain
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree to be honest.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Totally agree, it makes no sense to block remapping the Bixby button now especially that Bixby voice in English isn't available yet.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Dilbert, thank you for leaving your feedback. I'll pass this onto the rest of the Samsung team and see if there's anything we can do about it. Thanks!

-Nick
0 Likes