Original topic:

Blue light filter randomly turns off on S9+

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 07:49 PM)
blademagic
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I was redirected here from the US forum, so I'll paste my original post below.

"I recently bought a galaxy s9+, and a really annoying bug is that when I turn on the blue light filter, sometimes it just turns off by itself. I have the schedule set so that it turns on automatically at 12 pm, and turns off at 6:45 am. However, sometimes I am in the dark and turn it on manually. It would randomly turn off even while I'm in the middle of using my phone! Just now, I forced it on again after it turned off by itself, and literally 4 seconds later it shut off again. What is going on with this? I've attached a screenshot of my phone jnfo. Please help me figure this out."

I've tried clearing the cache, but that did not work. Is this a bug? I've attached a screenshot of my phone specs.Screenshot_20190605-181116_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
24 Comments
Galaxy S
I don't think that it's a bug - But if it is - I've never experienced it on my S9+..
It's possible that the schedule you set is overriding the manual Toggle on or off... Do you have any other Battery Optimization set up?
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks for the reply, shaggy. I am not too sure how the internals of the software works, but the times that this happens is nowhere near the times I set up for the scheduled times. i.e. scheduled to turn off the filter at 6:45 am, but it randomly turns off even when I'm using it at 12 am.

0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Maybe you can help shaggy?
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Go to App manager in settings, go to the three dots and look for bluelight filter> clear data>restart phone.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I had this issue with my Note 9 before.
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks ctangabc, I will try this and will update the post on whether it worked or not. It might take a while before the issue pops up again though, so hopefully, if this doesn't work, I will find out within the next couple of days.

0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Okay, so I did this, and it just happened again. I think this is seriously bugged, perhaps something with OneUI itself. Not sure of any fix right now, so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Sorry, if the fix doesn't work for you.
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Please don't be sorry. I appreciate your help, so thanks for trying to find a solution to my problem!

0 Likes