Original topic:

Built to break and force apps I hate.

(Topic created on: 05-19-2019 01:03 PM)
S4wasfineS9cansuckit
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Crazy rant warning:

Had an S4. Loved it but after the planned obsolescence period it just pretty much stopped functioning. I have a theory that this was somehow done by Samsung similar to how apple got caught making 2 year old phones battery crap out but just done through Google Play updates or system updates. Loved that S4. Once it literally stopped working I went to the S6 while the S7 was out there blowing people's faces up but anyways loved that S6 and had it for 3 and a half years before it was stolen from inside my own house... Loved that S6. 

Finally decided to go with the current flagship at the time (january2019) and got my shiny new s9 . Lifeproof saved my S4 and S6 from the fact that I'm constantly dropping my **bleep**. They don't make a case that works with the stupid curved "touch it by accident all the effin time" infinity display... Bought a screen protector and decent case but the screen protector didn't do much to prevent my screen cracking. Didn't even drop it as I've been walking on eggshells worrying I'd break this thousand dollar piece of s***. Phone was in my pocket screen facing away from my leg was helping a friend move and bumped into a hand railing while carrying a heavy box.... Screen cracked spidered all the way down one side and across the top... All along cracks has zero touch sensitivity now. They price a screen repair just high enough to make you think a new phone is the better way to go. Repairing something as common as a cracked screen shouldn't cost as much as I paid for the phone and require me to be phoneless for God only knows how long the repair would take.... And today the one good thing I still liked about the phone crapped out... The speaker has either blown or something ain't right anyways and audio is unusable without headphones... 

For a thousand dollars I expected more quality. I should have known better than to expect quality or repairability from a company like Samsung who plan yearly obsolescence of their products without a single thought to us their customers about the fact that some of us would be happy with one phone for a decade or more considering the flagships are always at least a thousand dollars. Thousand bucks used to get you something high quality built to last forever... Now it gets you a shiny piece of s*** that will be worthless when you open the box and only go down in value afterwards until it's literally garbage 6months later when the s11e s12j or whatever other number letter combo they decide to wrap up basically the same effin thing in.... Thanks for the thousand dollar useless paperweight Samsung you greedy rich bastards!

0 Likes
2 Comments
Galaxy S
lmao 🙄
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I feel for you, I truely do, but you broke that shhh wtf?
0 Likes