Original topic:

Call and 🤬🤬 Continuity

(Topic created on: 06-15-2019 12:41 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

The A70 (and A50, could not check the A20 yet) has Call and Message Continuity but not the 2.1x more expensive Note9 and the 1.5x more expensive S9.

Congratulations.  You made purchasing a device extremely frustrating, knowing that older devices are arbitrarily prevented from getting useful features. And this feature is extremely useful.
0 Likes
17 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You don't get it. That's a purely software feature. A simple feature that can be backported with ease and they are actively preventing it. It's not an air bag.

My logic is that they are abandoning older, expensive devices to force people to buy new devices while they are perfectly able to host those features.

And it does work as intended so that's not a reason
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

No you don't get it

That is life - new models always have new features that are not on older models of everything

Doesn't mean that they will not give it to older devices in future updates. Time will tell.

I see it is on my S10 but had never noticed it till you brought it up.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's not "life", that's crippling devices. There are absolutely no reasons not to let this feature be enabled on older devices that support the feature, with the Call & Message Continuity stub as proof of this crippling. It's kind of like you abandoned an old friend for a new one and you try to make up a reason why even though he was a good friend so you give your new friend a cool gimmick that you could have given to your old friend and say the new friend is better because of that.

Also here's what the official documentation says on the matter
"*Call & Message Continuity feature is supported between Samsung devices running Android P and RAM 3GB above."

And why in the world does the Note9 and S9 aren't able to access this feature if they meet these requirements, except to cripple them to force people to upgrade/get the newer, pricier devices?

You can tell I'm mad because very expensive devices are treated like dirt as soon as the new one is out.
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia - Yeah I don't know where Samsung's head is at.. but I've got an idea... Not only adding features & functionality to devices that can clearly support them - But ditching things like the headphone jack - Notification LED - moving the very effective FP scanner from the back to the merely adequate Ultrasonic FP scanner on the front... and who really gives a flying "seal in French" about the increase in screen to body ratio... 🙄
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
"Seal in French"
😆👌
They couldn't care less about STB, if it wasn't for the sea of lame Chinese phones that are glittering so much with their buzzword specs. Otherwise they would LOOK (and only look) less competitive and attractive
0 Likes
Choquette67
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
you had me at "seal in French" hahahah good one.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
CHMultimedia a dit : Vous pouvez dire que je suis en colère parce que les appareils très coûteux sont traités comme de la saleté dès que le nouveau est sorti.

Je suis tellement content de voir que quequ'un de ton niveau Expert Level 5 oser dire la vérité sur Samsung et j'espère pour toi que Samsung ne scrappera pas ta tablette lors d'une prochaine mise à jour comme ils l'ont fait avec la Galaxy Tab S4 qui est pourtant la tablette la plus chère jamais vendu par Samsung.
Tu as annoncé une mise à jour pour la Tab S4 et je rêve que ça se produise en espérant qu'ils ne scrapperont pas davantage les applications en DEX mode !
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Rien au monde ne compromettra mon intégrité. Et bon j'ai pas signé de contrat m'y contraignant non plus alors...
0 Likes