Original topic:

Can't change default notification sound

(Topic created on: 11-04-2019 07:28 AM)
drl001
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Sprint Galaxy S8 running Android 9

I can't permanantly change the default system sound on this phone.  

I go to Settings, Sounds and Vibration, Notification Sounds and change the setting to any sound.  I can exit settings and return again and it shows the newly selected Notification sound.

However at seemingly random intervals it resets itself to "knock".  Likewise, restarting the phone will immediately reset the notification sound to "knock".

Any ideas on why I cannot permanently change the default system notification sound?

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Comments
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
very good question , i have looked to see what could be causing the issue only thing i can think of perhaps someone is messing with the phone..

so if i understand correctly though you change it an when you restart the phone it reverts back to the default tone?
0 Likes
drl001
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes - change it, verify it, and then reboot.  Once rebooted it's reverted back to the default. 

Pretty sure no one is messing with the phone between the time I set it and reboot it!

0 Likes
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
do you happen to have any custom ringtone apps or anything of the sort installed .
0 Likes
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Holloway
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
an for clarification, the notification you are changing is the ring tone?

cause you know their is two different sound locations one for messages in the message settings an phone for the sound board for the phone
0 Likes
drl001
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

No custom ringtones installed.  This is the system setting.  (What you've got set to "Prisim" in  Screenshot_20191104-092116_Settings_6140.jpg 

0 Likes