Original topic:

Carrier vs Samsung website purchase

(Topic created on: 02-14-2020 06:22 PM)
JDJC08
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Thoughts on purchasing a phone (eg. S20) from a carrier when it becomes available vs. purchasing it from the Samsung website? Which is the better option? Usually you're able to pay off your phone within 2 years with a carrier but on the Samsung website, you can pay it within 3 years with 0% interest. What's the better deal?
0 Likes
5 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Problems in the past i had with my Galaxy S8+ and Note 8 with Rogers was not being able to get VoLTE and wifi calling because i bought the phone from Samsung and not from Rogers. If it wasn't for that, i would buy from Samsung.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
That's not the case anymore since S9 and up. Fido/Rogers made my Samsung purchased S9 work with IMS (VoLTE and Wifi calling)
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for the heads up. It's about time.
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I would say getting it from Samsung would be a better deal, plus you can get better color options from Samsung
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
in terms of the overall price if your talking about purchasing outright without contract, I would 100% say samsung becuase for some reason carriers (regardless which one) seems to hike the price before taxes compared to what samsung charges (128gb s20 ultra at carrier is almost $3,000, where as samsung themselves website has it for just about $2,000)