Original topic:

Chat features in messages Z flip

(Topic created on: 02-27-2020 09:32 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Apologies in advance if this doesn't belong here. Been away from Samsung for over a year. Just got the Z flip and in the messages app it keeps telling me use chat features.  I click on OK and start but it keeps coming back every few hours..normal? I have said yes I want to use chat features,  so what gives? Plz and thanks 
24 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
some carriers don't support it (RCS) I believe telus doesn't. only Rogers and maybe bell at this point
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
oh and am with Telus, I thought they did. suckers. they charge so much!! so is that why it keeps popping up again and again?!
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
yep, apparently someone that works at telus said that they are trying to make it work soon. so hopefully it will work for you in a few months !
Galaxy S
@Habsfan, that's what Samsung support team said about Android 10 for S8, read my latest post and look what happened
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
samsung has nothing to do with what carriers support RCS, it's the carriers responsibility. and it's been common knowledge for years that samsung does two major OS updates for phones.

but I can agree that sometimes Samsung support isn't very knowledgeable at times.
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
For sure Bell, Rogers and their affiliates have RCS and I read that Telus is supposed to have by the end of March.. but as always there are no guarantees..
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I hope it comes soon..for crying out loud even freedom has it lol
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Telus has it now for Google messages but not yet for the Samsung app but hopefully before long
0 Likes
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy S

Telus (Koodo, etc) and Rogers (Fido, etc) agreed to use RCS using the Samsung native messaging app.

Note that Bell (Virgin, etc) opted out on this feature as its using its own messaging services.

As you are still receiving the pop-up, please check with your service provider as it can be activated by the service provider.