Original topic:

@Community_Moderator ... question...

(Topic created on: 07-04-2019 05:20 PM)
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
When are we getting night mode for the camera of S9 + S10? @Community_Moderator

Europe has updated S9 camera, and I'm sure S10 cameras as well, since a long time now. Its about time Canada gets it , dont you think? ....
14 Comments
Galaxy S
Pretty sure that we're going to get it on the S10 series next week (I've PENCILED it in for the 8th from Rogers) - The US Carriers have just released it fwiw 🐧
Don't know about the S9 series...
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
They should release for both phones at the same time, should have done so in this update that is now passed due (June) . If Europe was able to a long time ago I don't see why in Canada we are so behind.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
As always - it's Exynos vs Snapdragon.... I agree with you don't get me wrong - Samsung is I'm sure playing favourites with their own chip... 🐧
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I don't get it though. if so, I don't get why
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I want an answer from Samsung moderator
Galaxy S
What do you think that they're going to say...

We're truly sorry for the delay, but additional testing to ensure a positive user experience for Samsung consumers

@fuggyr I'm just speculating that it's because Samsung is playing favourites with their own Exynos variant.... In spite of the fact that it's all of North America that has the same Snapdragon chip - I'm not sure that North America is Samsung's biggest market - China - India - Australia & ALL of Europe get the Exynos variant (with the Unlocked Bootloader)... So I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung has more interest in those markets - Although - In spite of that - The Snapdragon devices seem to score better on performance.... 🕊
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
So that's it Canada, don't buy another Samsung phone. We are not important in Canada.
Galaxy S
The US is in the same boat - other than the beta versions... and Canada occasionally gets our Security Patch OTAs before* some US Carriers release them..

As it stands now - You COULD get the International Exynos variant (with limitations regarding Wi-Fi Calling & VoLTE) AND the Exynos variant tests poorly compared to the Snapdragon devices... You MIGHT get faster & more regular updates - But aside from the fact that you can ROOT the Exynos variant - I wouldn't be interested.... My 2 cents fwiw 🐧
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
But the US is not Canada. Let's not sidetrack.

@Community_moderator I would like an answer from Samsung Canada thanks.
0 Likes