Original topic:

Complaint????

(Topic created on: 05-29-2019 01:47 PM)
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I know it's been said before but as if yet there is no feed back from Samsung in regards to where we stand with this on going issue...

What am I talking about you may ask? LED notifications for the S10 series. The launched 8 March is now nearly 3 months ago and still no LED notification for the current flagship phone.

Members have in the past suggested other 3rd party app as per Shaggy suggestion of Holey light which works Ish! and as per Cprice suggestion of AOD which I am presently using again works but not super... there's a few others but nothing great.

So it leads to the question what is Samsung doing about this issue?? How hard can it be to put out a update with this in effect? There are 3 LED lights on the rear for wireless charging can these not be used? So please come on Samsung 3 months on and still nothing I know your hard at work with the intimate release of the note 10 but let's not forget about your current flagship phone!!
17 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
edge lighting also works. at least works for me. there's not much they can do on the front unless they use the camera ring
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
edge lighting works ish... it doesn't repeat.. major flaw and if I remember correctly it doesn't work on 3rd party texts correct me if I am wrong Snowcat.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

you are correct @Echo1

3rd party texts such as android messages will not work with edge lighting.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Why couldn't they just make a AOD-Lite where the screen acts like the LED?
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
yup.... there are to many ways this could be fixed... 3 months and counting
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Echo1,

I hear you guys, I've noted a lot of community feedback regarding LED notifications for the S10/S10+! I've already escalated this to R&D but haven't heard anything from their end...

I'll see if I can get a status update (and also make sure it's on their radar)—your patience is very much appreciated 😊 I know this has been a point of contention for a while.

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I appreciate the response @Sabrina and would love to here in reference to the status update but I have to agree with Shaggy that the impression you get as a Samsung customer who by the way has had a galaxy phone since day 1 when Samsung introduced to the world the Galaxy S series that it's hard not to have the feeling that "once the next big thing" is released that it feels like it forgotten about in light on the "the next big thing".
Again I look forward to your status update... thanking you in advance
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Echo1,

It's always one of our primary goals to reward customers who are loyal to the Samsung ecosystem!

While it's important for R&D to work on new devices and features to stay ahead of the curve, we need to recognize that it's our current customers that fund these development efforts. Thank you for the reminder 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Corazon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thing is it USED to work and stopped.That was my complaint.
0 Likes