Original topic:

Contact picture and whatsapp

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 05:19 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hello All! 
I know this might have nothing to do with the phone. S10+. But I have pics for all my contacts..however when someone does call me on whatsapp the contact pic doesn't show up like it did on the iPhone..
Instead their WhatsApp dp shows up. But I tested with an iPhone and it always shows the contact pic that I have assigned regardless of the app being used to call me. Any thoughts? TIA. 
20 Comments
Galaxy S
Hey - Been a while.. Good to see you - Still keeping away from the Doritos lol 😂 👍

I don't use WhatsApp - But it might be possible that the Contact Permissions you granted to WhatsApp are replacing your Contact images? 🕊🇨🇦
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I am so happy to hear u are disciplined!! 😝😝 what about the morning beer?

how do I confirm contact permissions? I guess I have to poke around..u r the first person I know who doesn't use WhatsApp!!! Wow!!
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
FYI...no go. however what I am trying to do works on the iPhone so it must be an Android thing..or Samsung thing. but thanks for your suggestions!! and I went to bed at 1130 last night. just saying. 😜😜
Galaxy S
I guess that I would start by going to Settings - Apps & scroll down to WhatsApp & try denying it permission to use your Contacts - Ask someone to Call you & see if you get the Image you want?
Anyway - That's what my Keg of beer is telling me.. 🍻 🤞🕊
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
A keg!!! wow!! makes you smarter! lol..yeah let.me try that and see what happens then! thanks Shaggy!!
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Get rid of WhatsApp. Nothing but Mossad spyware...
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I want to...but freaking everyone back home is on it!! it's like no one wants to try anything else.
0 Likes
Faisalzia
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
so you should gift it to me S10 is it's good idea
so would you?
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
you should stay in love with your S7