Original topic:

Contact picture and whatsapp

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 07:59 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hello All! 
I know this might have nothing to do with the phone. S10+. But I have pics for all my contacts..however when someone does call me on whatsapp the contact pic doesn't show up like it did on the iPhone..
Instead their WhatsApp dp shows up. But I tested with an iPhone and it always shows the contact pic that I have assigned regardless of the app being used to call me. Any thoughts? TIA. 
Galaxy S
That's weird - That you went to bed at 11:30 😂
But not as strange as the issue with your Contacts.. 🤔
This is on my S10+ and I can set whatever image I choose (as you can see) - Uhm

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
that's cuz it's my image 😁😁
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
why is it weird that I went to bed at 1130?
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I think you misinterpreted my issue..I CAN set whatever pic I want for my contacts..not the issue..
but when a contact (who has a pic assigned) calls me on Whatsapp ( not a direct call) their pic doesn't show up. instead shows me the generic green crap of WhatsApp..the name and number.
however, on the iPhone.. whoever calls me on Whatsapp...their pic (as I have assigned it in contacts) shows up..full screen. Does that make sense?
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
multi part answer: a. Am not your pet..😜😜
b. why would you be so mean to tell your pets to sort it out for themselves!?
c. no WhatsApp doesn't have a separate list which is why when you install it need permission to access your contacts..

oh well..I will keep poking and maybe I will figure it out for myself..(your words not mine) 😁😁
Faisalzia
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
no S7 not i want s10
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Too bad so sad. Sell the S7..add cash and go for it!! All the best!!
0 Likes
Newfie3
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I know what you're talking about with WhatsApp and Contact Pics. Contacts gets confusing because there are multiple lists: Samsung, Google, This Device, etc. I have gone into WhatsApp and assigned pics to my contacts there (sometimes not even the same pic that I assigned in Samsung Contacts). So I'm guessing that WhatsApp uses a different subset of contacts with pics, but I really haven't tested it. I just wish I could install WhatsApp on this Tab S4 (tablet), switching from tablet to fone & back is such a nuisance. Hope that helps.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
how did you assign pics in WhatsApp? can you plz tell me the steps? maybe that will help me...
0 Likes
Newfie3
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I read a lot of the FAQ's for WhatsApp and discovered that I had assigned photos to profiles in previous versions of WhatsApp, which continue to "stick", but currently a photo can only be assigned to a profile by the owner of the profile. Let me paste from the FAQ's (which you can find for yourself by searching the word "profile" in the WhatsApp FAQ page).
Why can't I set custom profile photos for my contacts?

WhatsApp users can set their own profile name and photo. If a contact didn't set a profile photo, there's no way you can add a profile photo for that contact. Instead, you'll see an empty white profile on a grey background.

In older versions of WhatsApp, if one of your contacts didn't set up a profile photo in WhatsApp, the app showed the photo associated with that contact from your phone's address book.
0 Likes