Original topic:

Custom Theme not sticking after Safe mode

(Topic created on: 09-27-2017 10:26 AM)
Chris74
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After you enter in Safe mode and come back, the theme I had before entering in Safe mode is not coming back. the default one is applied.
just put it out there hopping that this faulty behaviour will be fixed.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Have you tried applying a different theme then going into safe mode and back to see if it sticks?
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just try it. It won't stick
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
...and on home screen, any Icons who r not from a Samsung app, will disappear.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You're in safe mode for a reason so it's not a faulty action. The software is doing exactly what you're asking of it...
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
read my first post...after I come back from safe mode, the theme which I had b4 entering safe mode, is not sticking....the one from safe mode stays....so it's a bug
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
...and I tried with 2 more themes...both Samsung themes from Theme store...and same behaviour.
0 Likes
Tofu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This is intended behavior since safe mode is usually a feature meant for a small minority of users who are having trouble with their phones.
The reasoning behind it is lets say that you installed a rogue theme where the background, all icons, all menus, UI and even the font were changed to pitch black and you think that your phone was bricked.
Then you learn of safe mode and suddenly you can use your phone again and see the menus. Now lets say you don't know how to change your theme

If safe mode did not reset your theme upon rebooting out of safe mode, then you would have the same problem prior to you being in safe mode to begin with
0 Likes
OhThatMaven
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

Now lets say the user is familiar with the usual characteristics of safe mode and thus has a reasonable expectation that once safe mode is off the phone will have all third party settings and apps restored, ready for the trial and error process of removing apps until the irksome one is identified.

In point of fact I have had my Galaxy Ao2s for years. I recently broke my OnePlus Nord 200 and moved into my Galaxy as a back up. The phone was painstakingly personalized quite a long time ago and I liked it exactly the way it was. Nothing about the theme or icon pack was slowing me down. Its something I imported from the Nord.

Now that you have pretty much confirmed Samsung thinks I am an *** who cannot be trusted I'm going to go raise holy hell with corporate because I want my settings the way I set them, not nerfed out like a little kid with a Cricket.

Unbelievable!

0 Likes