Original topic:

Data Icon for Samsung S8?

(Topic created on: 06-19-2017 10:18 PM)
Julia1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello, how do I get the "mobile data" icon back on my phone? Suggestions previously was "smart lock" app which seems to be no longer available. Very frustrating that I have to go through several separate screens to review/ access my data options.
0 Likes
9 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
it's a carrier issue and it hasn't been there since the s6 came out...
Galaxy S
Just a tip. I would not recommend referring to the mobile data that shows up on your phone as it is not as accurate as the data provided by your mobile service provider.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I am with bell and have their app and it's accurate up to the last 4 hrs
0 Likes
brownbatman
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-restore-mobile-data-quick-settings-tile-toggle-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Just a friendly reminder, since @brownbatman refers to an article that mentioned rooting, that we do not encourage our users to root their devices. If you choose to root your device, then unfortunately Samsung will not be able to support your phone in the future. Thanks!

-Nick
eby
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
this not good answer Nick. Please tell me the solution instead of this message.This type of high-end smartphones doesn't have this data toggle???People needs that option not only for one person.Its a request to samsung please fix this toggle issue on next updation.
0 Likes
koticD
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It mentions rooting, but it doesn't require rooting. Also, a data toggle should be just as standard as wifi. If people are rooting your phones for one button, something should be done.
0 Likes
elton
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
do you have phone number?
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
This is a carrier thing unfortunately from what I understand.
0 Likes