Original topic:

Delayed hardpress on wake up. Icon Frames on oreo

(Topic created on: 03-22-2018 07:12 AM)
Lifeguard
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I've noticed that when I hardpress to wake up my phone with the always on display off, that there is a very slow animation for the phone to wake up. as well there is a slow animation using the fingerprint sensor in the same setting. as well apps like the play store icon frames are still on even though I've had them turned off since day one.

anyone else having this issue? if so can I fix it.
0 Likes
4 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
1) in developer options locate the animation/ transition/ window animation scales and double check to see if they're all set to 1x. If you had these set to quicker speeds such as 0.5x maybe they were reset after Oreo.

2) The icon frames is from the adaptive icons introduced in Oreo. The Google icons are all adaptive and their shape depends on the device using it. If you had a pixel these apps would be circles, if you had an LG device they would be squares. I'm not sure how to fix these, but they searching in settings "adaptive" and see what comes up. Another possible solution is going through your app list in settings and finding the "adaptive services" or something similar. Maybe disabling that would help.
Lifeguard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thank you the developer settings seemed to help! yeah I'm not sure with the icon frames it's only Google apps not seeming to work like YouTube play store and Google play music
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
yeah that's most likely adaptive icons. I think Google is the only one who has taken the time to make 5 or so different versions of the same app icon which is why it's only Google icons. Were you able to find the "adaptive" app in your system apps list?
0 Likes
Lifeguard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
no I couldn't find that in the system apps. I searched it but nothing came up. I'll keep researching it. Thanks for the help!
0 Likes