Original topic:

Desktop help

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 12:28 PM)
DBally
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
After flying from US back to my home in Canada all my Apps that are always on my various home screens have just disappeared.  

It's never happened before. All the Apps are still in the full App menu but just nothing on the 5 home screens I typically scroll thru.  I am just strolling completely blank screens other than the top bar showing notices and time and connections.

Any help re-establishing is appreciated. 

Samsung S10.

David
0 Likes
6 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

If you have a full backup of your phone from after arranging your screens the way you had them resetting your phone and restoring from backup should put the apps back as you had them but you will have to set up and sign into each app again so takes some time and also save any data you have on your phone since the backup cause you will lose it otherwise
0 Likes
Galaxy S

This could be due to a system memory shortage, try a quick restart of your phone and I am confident it will come back :smiling-face:

0 Likes
DBally
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
k. may retry this if nothing else works
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @DBally!

Are you referring to your widgets? Also, it would help if you could give us a more complete rundown of what happened leading up to the issue. Thanks!

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
DBally
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
No, the App short cuts you set up on your home screens. I had 5 screens of Apps organized in groups such as Travel, Music, etc.

I did nothing. it was fine prior. I flew to Canada and turned on my phone when we landed and they were gone. I've turned the phone on and off many times but that does not work
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Iknow this doesn't help now but in the future it might not hurt to LONG PRESS a blank spot on the homescreen, then pick home screen settings and LOCK THE HOMEPAGE LAYOUT, you will hafta change this if you want to fixer up at any time, but then put it back on.
🤷‍♂️
0 Likes