Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Developer Option Enabled

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 04:37 AM)
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hi. Just trying to get a feel for why you may have enabled Developer Options ? Have you done it for performance reasons? I know the average user really has no need to enable it. I suspect that some of you are not AVERAGE Users 😉
I enabled it as it helped me when I developed my first AR app and needed to test out a function. But now I think I may be able to do a bit of tweaking.

Any suggestions on TWEAKING ?
8 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
The only real reason for Enabling Developer Options on current devices is if you are going to use adb to enable features in some apps which otherwise would require Root - Or to add the Mobile Data & Hotspot Toggles which is now mostly unnecessary - Way back when - On less powerful devices - Sometimes people would limit the Animation Scale or Background Processes - But that's no longer necessary.
Solution
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
USB Debugging, changing accent colours (Android 10 only), FPS viewer (Android 10 only), viewing memory usage, seeing which Bluetooth codec my device is using, etc
Solution
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
As said really isn't any need to enable developer options anymore
Solution
KKC123
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
i use it to disable all the animations, just to save battery.
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@kkc123 I find that my screen graphics are crisper. clearer. I like having my animations off
0 Likes
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thank you for taking the to provide your thoughts 👍
0 Likes
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Pupusik
I enable it to Force Night Mode in some application
Solution
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

I turn it for for 2 reasons...

enable USB debugging,

change animation speeds to 0.5x (makes the device snappier).  i don't have to wait for animations to finish before I can do something.