Original topic:

Disabling Full Screen [S9]

(Topic created on: 05-30-2020 02:06 AM)
Dokoz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I'm trying to run some apps in 16:9 rather than 18.5:9.

However, when I look into the settings the option is grayed out. It says, "This app is optimized to run in full screen".

I've searched online and everyone's talking about how there's no way around this issue.
The ability to switch aspect ratio is essential. Is there a way to fix/solve this issue?

Model: SM-G960W

5 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Check your other post if you want your navbar with the auto hide button.
0 Likes
Dokoz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks but it doesn't solve this problem.
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Dokoz,
Please try the below steps and get back to us with the result.
Tap Setting >> Display >> Full-screen apps >> Toggle on/off to select which apps get to go full screen.

Note: Some app developers may not have optimized apps for full-screen mode. If an app doesn't look right in full screen, try choosing Auto instead.
0 Likes
Dokoz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The apps that I'm trying to play without full screen are "optimized for full screen" so it's grayed out.
0 Likes
Rico
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The only way I've been able to get my note 9 to do 16:9 is if I'm mirroring my screen to a smart tv or Chromecast, it then gives the option to switch the phone to the aspect ratio of the device is connecting to. I really wish this option was available when mirroring to a wired display like when connected with HDMI, I haven't been able to find any solution to do that like how it does when mirroring wirelessly using smart view.