Original topic:

Does Samsung do fingerprint scanner replacements?

(Topic created on: 04-19-2020 12:45 PM)
brotz68
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I have been wondering this for a while now. Does Samsung actually do fingerprint scanner replacements? Please let me know!
0 Likes
9 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @ BrotzLeviathian68

It can be done at authorized service centers, which will be a paid service.

Please note : Due to COVID-19 precautions, Service center operation hours may be impacted considering local situation. Kindly call service center before your visit.

dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
On the new devices (S10 and newer) they are bonded to the screen so you have to change the whole screen in the process...at least that is what I was told is the case.
brotz68
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
well, I have a Galaxy S9, and my fingerprint scanner is stopping slowly due to scratches, and also has nicks in it. I would love to replace it, but is there a way to ship a device over to a service center? I'm asking this because I don't want to drive 3 hours away to the nearest service center.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Yes, please contact our live chat support so that they will file a service ticket and send a shipping label. However, you would be charged for shipping and repair.

0 Likes
brotz68
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
on the S9, when you replace the screen, do they replace the glass and LCD?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi BrotzLeviathian68,

Yes. The replacement is done for glass and LCD.

0 Likes
brotz68
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
quick question, if I get my back glass replaced on my Galaxy S9, will they replace the camera glass and camera bump too?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi BrotzLeviathian68, The back cover includes the glass frame which covers the camera. So the answer is yes.

0 Likes
brotz68
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ok, thanks. sorry for maybe being a waste of your time lol
0 Likes