Original topic:

Download folder in "My files"

(Topic created on: 03-27-2019 03:46 PM)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I'm running Pie on S9+.  When I open the "My Files" app and go to the "Downloads" category, I only see 2 files.

But when I go to "Internal Storage", then look at the "Download" folder, I have 21 items.  They are mostly pdf, docx, etc.

Why is the "Downloads" category not showing all files from the "Download" folder?  The only thing I can think of is the files not showing are older files (before pie, or copied directly from PC after factory reset). 

My friend has a similar issue where some photos stored in the "Download" folder are not showing in the Gallery app nor in the "Downloads" category in "My Files".

0 Likes
7 Comments
KWEEN101
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
go to settings and make sure you have enabled hidden files
0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hidden Files enabled in "My Files". The files are not hidden as I can see them in the internal storage section, but not in the Downloads shortcut.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I use Root Explorer Pro - And have been for years - Should you decide to use a different file explorer - DO NOT use esexplorer!! Sends all kinds of information to China!
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Haha ok. Yeah, I downloaded one called File Manager and it works well. This is all started from my friend who had the issue with his download folder. He downloads pictures from emails but can't see them in gallery or the downloads shortcut in my files. But I told him to go directly to internal storage then download folder and he can see them there. Then I noticed I had some missing files there too. Something buggy with the my files app I think.
0 Likes
KWEEN101
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
hmm.. strange. I would try moving the files (selecting all would be more efficient) to a different folder and then either moving them back or to a renamed folder. maybe it's a glitch in that specific folder? or it may even be an app problem. Try clearing cache and deleting data in settings. (after you have backed it up)
0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah I'll try that.
0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah it looks good. I think I figured it out. The "Downloads" shortcut in "My Files" just shows a history of downloaded files and not actually what's in the Download folder. Kinda like the download history in a desktop browser. Because I manually added a file in the folder, and the shortcut doesn't show it. It only shows download history from supported apps (Chrome, gdrive, etc)
0 Likes