Original topic:

[EN/FR] Discord server / Serveur Discord

(Topic created on: 12-31-2019 07:23 AM)
GabyThe911Operator
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
[EN]

What do you think if Samsung Members Canada have a server on the Discord platform? Press Like if you would agree and would like Samsung Members to do it!

[FR]

Que pensez-vous si Samsung Members Canada possèderais un serveur sur la plateforme Discord ? Appuyez sur j'aime si vous seriez d'accord et que vous aimeriez que Samsung Members le fasse !
12 Comments
rongbin99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I think it's a good idea. After all, Microsoft also has a Community Discord Server.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Samsung too
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
It'll probably just get spammed with "when is my device gonna get the update???"
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
We could state it in the rules that you can't do that. It works for other servers that I'm in...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ya not such a great idea. we have a Facebook group and that works for us cus we can post and share different things. Discord is for gamers and I use it for the games I play, I wouldn't see much benefit for a Samsung server on discord...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I do.
First FB is bad. Like super mega awful bad and we shouldn't use FB at all.
Second, Discord is used by more than just gamers and it's very easy to join. There's an unofficial server where people join to get help and all sorts of info.
Third, live replies for live support and live discussions.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
well well well, go on and start one then, I created the FB group and I disagree with you FB is not bad, it's not REALLY bad, it has billions of users. and no one is forcing you to join the fb group if you don't want too lol. and yes I know discord is for other things besides gaming but it was created for gamers. It has been designed for gamers. It even says that when you launch the app. Discord, FOR GAMERS 🤣

If you like to kriss kross, why not use Samsung Members on a iPhone. it will work right?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Popularity is not equal to quality. FB has no consciousness, selling your privacy to whoever's paying the most and serving you ads depending on your mood (incl. ads made specifically to manipulate people with low self esteem and very bad thoughts).

Something that says For Gamers means absolutely nothing. Laptop for gamers? Works as a workstation and a multimedia creation computer. Gamer keyboard? Works for fast typers as well. Gamer chair? Excellent for any office work too. I could go on. There are tons of Discord servers that aren't even remotely connected to gaming.

And S Members works on any device with an HTML5 browser. Why wouldn't an iPhone user with a Samsung TV, SmartThings environment or a Samsung appliance wouldn't be allowed to seek help?

Do note that I'm not saying the FB group is bad. I'm saying FB as a platform and as a company is bad.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Let's just do Discord. CHmultimedia can be the admin 😛
0 Likes