Original topic:

Factory Reset

(Topic created on: 10-15-2020 04:50 PM)
Linc
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
What do i need to reset or sign out in my old galaxy note 9 before i factory reset my phone? 
0 Likes
13 Comments
Galaxy S
I usually backup the device instead of remove accounts. I think you can factory reset without remove any accounts. As I know I can login to accounts and remove device. Like Samsung account, Google account...etc. You can remove past devices from your own accounts.
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
ok thanks.. just wanna know as i am thinking of trading it in..
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yes that's also an easier process. if you know how to navigate the Samsung or google device Authorization page. good point @tallman
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I recommend downloading Samsung smart switch. if you don't have it pre-installed. that is the easiest way to one back up your device. and apply a restore. you could also do a manual back up. ither in your current Samsung account. or say via google backup. antoher idea would be to save your data back upfile to an sd card if you have that option. remove the sd card prior to the reset process. back up to avoid possible card failure. proceed with the factory reset. remember to wipe the cash partition after the reset.if a new update is available. hope that helps.
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
good tip, but im resetting the phone for selling or trading in.. thanks though
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
no worries a simple factory reset should remove all your accounts no problem.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
glad I could help😁
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
still those any of those for applying your data for a new device transfer.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I have read that if you want to be absolutely sure there is nothing left on your device you should remove your samsung and google accounts and then encrypt your device and then factory reset. This is supposed to leave nothing retrievable on the device