Original topic:

Faulty S20 Plus

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 08:48 AM)
JasonBolduc1974
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Bought a Samsung S20 plus on Friday May 22,20220 at a Telus in Bracebridge ,Ontario the moment I powered up the phone was acting unusual in a excessively start screen that took over 15 mins to boot,followed by drop service and issues with excessive heat.On the Saturday less than 24hrs the phone continued to heat and fast drain of battery life.On the Sunday the phone was in my pocket got hot again and I pulled over when getting out of the car the back glass of the phone cracked in my pocket,nothing was in my pocket except for the phone.I called the Telus store where it was purchased explained I am not happy purchasing a very expensive phone and that it was defective and I want o bring it back they did not honour the warranty as the phone now has physical damage.I contacted Samsung in which the first rep stated it was defective and under Samsungs warranty regarding defects to bring it back and exchange it.The second rep stated the phone must be sent out for repair and inspection in which I do not want my phone around someone else due to Covid and I can not be out of a phone for a period of time as I a essential service worker for construction and can not loose communication with clients.I have forwarded a investigation into CBC marketplace to look into the faults of the S20,S20plus and S20ultras problem and the lack of Samsung accountability.   

6 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I would have returned it as soon as it overheated the first time you used it, as it's not normal behaviour. I do hope things get better for you
0 Likes
RDaws02
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I like CBC Marketplace :)
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I really think samsung should be more willing to allow providers to switch out faulty units under warranty. instead of "needs to be sent out for repair" B.S.
Galaxy S
No matter what the damage is/was, that is very unusual for TELUS to not honor a warranty. They should have taken back the defective phone and exchanged it for a new one. I think someone at the TELUS store was just trying to take a short cut to cover their behind.
0 Likes
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
mine was exchange by bell, after nearly 60 days, was bought last day stores where open. my wireless cherging stop working and wireless payment very not reliable. no physical damage on mine tho'
0 Likes
Shimmer
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I have a Samsung Smart Watch still under warranty with battery charging problems and I WAS willing to send it out despite Covid. It has gone out twice now and still not fixed. I complained to Samsung and was told to take it up with the company that THEY told me to send it to.
0 Likes