Original topic:

Finger print sensor issue Zflip

(Topic created on: 05-19-2020 03:19 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Just started yesterday,  all the sudden won't recognize my fingerprint..I deleted and readded but it keeps saying wipe the sensor. Which of course i do and still the same. Any thoughts on what could have caused this randomly?

🖕 I will keep adding fingers until it stops telling me to wipe..grr
0 Likes
7 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Have you tried just a simple reboot and/or clearing your cache partition ?
Galaxy S
If it's NOT a Hardware issue - And repeatedly removing & adding your Finger Prints isn't working - You can try:

a) Settings - Apps - Three Dot Menu Top Right - Show System Apps - Search for Biometrics - Clear Cache & Data for Biometrics.

⚠️⚠️ Make SURE that you have your Passwords & 2 Step verification information if needed⚠️

b) Again - If it's still not working & it's NOT a Hardware issue - You COULD backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset..

I can't remember if there's a Diagnostic test for the FP scanner on Samsung Members - But if there is - You could always test with that.

EDIT:

There IS a Finger Print Diagnostic on Samsung Members app FYI.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
On it!!
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @IfLySoLO,
As suggested by@GG2, reboot the phone and check the below steps for registering the fingerprint.
Hold the phone naturally, the same way you normally hold it.
If your phone asks you to touch the sensor multiple times, move your finger slightly each time.

Cover the entire sensor when touching it. Covering the fingerprint recognition sensor with protective films, stickers, or other
accessories may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate. If the fingerprint recognition
sensor is initially covered with a protective film, remove it before using the fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor and your fingers are clean and dry.

Then follow the suggestions provided by@Shaggyskunk1.

Register more than one finger and check if the issue resolved.

Thanks to @GG2 and @Shaggyskunk1 for your information.

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
thanks much
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
@IfLySoLO did you resolve this issue? If not I'm thinking it's bc you make so much stuff your device can't tell the difference between your finger/food 🤣🤙👍
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
am thinking so! fingers are covered with stuff... 😆