Original topic:

Fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 06-08-2017 09:26 AM)
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since this has been a recognized issue by Samsung and other users, I will use this thread to give you the repair options and also to urge Samsung to GET IT FIXED.
Some users may try using the scanner only for it to not detect any input at all. This issue seems to have only started happening after a recent update, it also appears to be a software issue, not the scanner itself.
TO FIX THIS TEMPORARILY you have two options: you may restart the phone or back up your files and do a hard reset as advised by official Samsung support.
I would also like to urge Samsung to have some people comb through the last update file to check for anything out of place and release a patch for this and any other issues the Galaxy S8 has.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @unofficialQA, thanks for the contribution. I'll also make a note to urge our Samsung team to look into this as one of the things to work on for the next update.

-Nick
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Still no update on this issue, what's going on because it's happening more than once a day at this point.
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Great to hear. I'm a faithful Samsung user so it's good to see you guys replying to consumers like myself
0 Likes
Brett
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I can vouche for this problem. Having it on my S8 as well. Very frustrating.