Original topic:

Forget what I said about their support

(Topic created on: 07-18-2018 12:28 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Support center reveals it's real face

Remember when I had a screen burn-in that turned out to be a bigger problem which was seemingly fixed by them? Well you must remember how I said it was a pleasing experience. Well you should forget about it.

I needed to fix a weird issue that was the screen not registrating my taps properly.
The inscriptions behind each Galaxy phone were not clearly visible. Because they couldn't (or didn't try hard enough to) read them, they concluded that this part is non-genuine and thus would not honor the warranty anymore. However, while I insisted it was there, just not easy to see, they wouldn't hear it and insisted that I got it repaired elsewhere and with non-genuine parts.

I never went anywhere but the same Service Center to get it repaired. It seems they made a rush job.

Now I was very very sad about this. I only got my phone in my life. I don't have anything else or even money to get anything else. That was then that I had a psychological distress moment (including crying).

What had the support personnel have to say about it? Oh, amazing support: mocking me. Saying that I'm acting and much more insulting stuff too. That's outstanding quality support we got here.

Then the manager came in and took my phone, ignoring what the clerks said and did to me. After a few minutes, he come back and said that there was water damage to my phone.

My phone never had any contact with water except tap water from the sink, for about 20 seconds; just to clean it. So how come there was any damage to being with? Again, rush job. It seems they never sealed the SIM tray, both the tray and the slot don't have the rubber thing to keep the device sealed.

So now I have no phone and no support at all. Thank you Samsung.8d357803-259a-4375-a82a-b378465ec3c9.jpg
<script>LITHIUM.OoyalaPlayer.addVideo('https:\/\/player.ooyala.com\/static\/v4\/production\/', 'lia-vid-1rOG01aDE6RR2IzYaSamLmDf1e1u0Oeiw320h240r563', '1rOG01aDE6RR2IzYaSamLmDf1e1u0Oei', {"pcode":"Izc20yOsypmW3dxnmApAaPAnexgM","playerBrandingId":"ODI0MmQ3NjNhYWVjODliZTgzY2ZkMDdi","width":"320px","height":"240px"});</script>(내 동영상에서 보기)

0 Likes
20 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Now I Will have to wait until my contract is over to get a new phone. 1 year and six months of pure frustration ahead of me. I can barely browse the internet and I can't play games at all. Writing this has been a challenge. I can't even reach the notification panel!0dbe3f78-f07c-499f-8e8e-ab37eeab0d7a.jpg
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
ouch, that's rough...you have to fight with them...they did repairs so they should honor the work
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
They wont hear it. They think they have perfect knowledge of absolutely everything. They couldn't have made a mistake, they are perfect!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
screen is now not registrating anything. only way to use my phone is with a USB OTG Adapter with a mouse. super practical and totally perfect for calling the 911 in case of an emergency
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Dam**! That ***** . Your phone seems to be almost useless now, yet one and half years of contract is still remaining!!
If there's even a bit of water damage they won't cover it. And worse is that they'll certainly record it on your imei so if you go somewhere else they'll know it had water damage and voids warranty.
I don't see any way other than to save up money and paying for the repair. It's going to be expensive too.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
1- Yes it ***** but I found an arrangement with two cool persons, my father with which I shared his corporate rebate and my best friend. My father will give me his upgrade phone which is due in December and my friend will lend me his old J3.

2- Until then I managed to regain partial control with a dehumidifier we use for the basement. Again not perfect but that will let me answer calls until I get that J3.

3- They don't need to flag the IMEI, there's a little piece of paper in the SIM tray (wow just at the right spot isn't it?) that turns red if it contacts water. So it's autoflaagged and warranty is thus void forever.

I'll try to save up as much money as possible but that's easier said than done haha
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @CHMultimedia, we are sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service. I have delivered your issue to Customer support team, and they will contact you shortly. We are sorry again.

- Wonchul
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Alright Thanks Wonchul.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Here's hoping things get sorted out. That's just horrible how you got treated. That is clearly unacceptable and very unprofessional by the staff. They need to take a course on how to handle individuals with mental health issues. I would believe they would keep records of the repair via work order. Everything I've ever had serviced had a work order of what was done. As well as being signed the person who completed it.
0 Likes