Original topic:

Front facing camera S10+

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 11:29 AM)
fpvavo
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys, I'm just curious about the front facing camera on the S10+. I've been experiencing terrible definition and quality on it. Except in a direct natural lightening condition (like in a sunny day outside), the cameras present pretty terrible results. I installed the Gcam on it and the pictures looks great. It is definitely not a hardware condition. It is sad to spend more that a 1,000$ on a phone that barely can take pictures outside direct sunlight with its own software. Does anyone have this problem too?

Thanks for the replies 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You are completely right and i am yelling about this many time...Samsung are smooting pictures maybe Koreens needs it but not us .

HorribleHorrible

0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
turn off scene optimizer and beauty mode
0 Likes
dizzy
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I posted about this last week I think. ever since I got android 10 I noticed front cam is having major issues. bad quality. focusing problems. and the shutter speed needs to be increased or something. a picture of a moving subject in gcam will have little to no motion blur and the same picture with Samsung its basically unusable
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@dizzy
you're right

@thebigguy
beauty mode wasn't ON. Scene optimizer tell me it's a CAT so why does this not make a perfect picture of a cat ?

I disable those modes since long time to get better pictures and i don't understand why Samsung don't make a better ? flasgrip? to get something like Gcam pictures...
I don't want to install Gcam because we don't know if somebody put a malware in the application that can't be found on Google Play Store
0 Likes
fpvavo
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I've been testing another camera softwares since yesterday and I can say it's Samsung softwares problem for sure. Moment Camera takes far better shots than Samsung native software
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi fpvavo, 

The Galaxy S10+ features a groundbreaking, advanced camera system. We are constantly working to update the software to provide with the best camera experience for consumers.

0 Likes
fpvavo
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Sorry but this groundbreaking front facing camera is taking terrible shots on my S10+.
0 Likes
dizzy
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
^ lol. 3 people say there's an issue and Sammy should check it out. the response?

well it has a groundbreaking camera system

yeah maybe so.... then the software is less then stellar and samsung should look into it.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@dizzy

I agree with @Keagan, S10+ has a advanced camera system. 

But he forgot to say than Samsung's camera application is a prehistoric dinosaurus application. Korean want a perfect face and they need to smooth their faces to get it but US we have a perfect face so why smooting it ...lol

Seriously, Samsung should buy a Google device and their programmers should copy or analyse how it works, all around the word except in Asia people are complaining about this SO smooting should be a option that we can enable or disable and this option should be disable by default.