Original topic:

Full screen apps

(Topic created on: 04-17-2019 12:04 PM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
So I have turned on the full screen option for some of the apps but doesnt seem like it made a difference. So when the app launches this cutout kinda gets in the way...

Is it oneui or ? TIA

0 Likes
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Well, apps all behave differently according to their code. Be aware that those apps weren't developed for new aspect ratios or screen obstructions like notches and holes. Those apps dunno what to do exactly so they are bound to do.. this.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
hmm true...then I guess as phone designs keep changing this will just vary..cuz they wont ever be able to code the apps to match every design...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
In fact, it's possible. Apps that support Nougat's Multiwindow system can adapt to whatever frivolous screen you have
Galaxy S
@IfLySoLO, I just installed your app for testing purposes on my Note 9 ring One UI, and it loads full screen, maybe it's cutout because of the hole on your S10.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
ewww...most of my apps are doing this and I dislike it...so much for the punch hole lol
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I check my full screen app settings and this is what I see about that app.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yeah I forced this one and a couple others but they wont go..its how you see them in my screenshot so am not sure if its on this punch hole phone lol
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Try and check the settings below

How to Enable Full Screen Apps on the Galaxy S10

1. Pull down the notification bar and head to Settings (gear-shaped icon near the top right)
  2. Find and select Display
  3. Scroll down and tap on Full Screen Apps
  4. Find the app you want to change and tap on it, then Toggle full-screen to ON

Any app that you’ve noticed isn’t using the full screen is likely set to auto and the phone isn’t recognizing it, or the developer needs to update their application. That said, just tap any app giving you trouble and force it to full screen mode and you should be good.

Most apps work perfectly fine, mainly because this isn’t the first year Samsung is using these bigger, tall, long yet skinny screens. This is the 3rd year Samsung’s offered this type of design. However, we still had to force Snapchat, Clash Royale, and a few other games into a full-screen mode.