Original topic:

Galaxy S10+ restarting FREQUENTLY

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 09:33 AM)
SnowCat19
Options
Galaxy S

@Sabrina, @Samsung

Okay, this is starting to get a little out of hand....

It is really frustrating. I purchased a brand new device for $1500, and this is not what is expected from Sasmung. It is quite dissappointing....

My Galaxy S10+ has restarted THREE times in the last half hour.

This is happening more and more frequently now and I need to know what Samsung is doing to resolve this issue please.

Thank you

0 Likes
8 Comments
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @SnowCat19,

Wow, you have impeccable timing 😉 I just answered your comment in the other thread! I'll repost it here for visibility:

Agreed, that's really not acceptable... let's get this fixed! Unfortunately, short of asking you to submit an error report I can't do much on my end... we can escalate this to the service department though 😊 Would you mind sending me the answers to the below questions in a private message, along with a phone number we can reach you at?

1. What OS?
  2. When did the issues start?
  3. Steps to replicate?
  4. Device rooted?
  5. Did the device receive a recent update?

Anyone else experiencing this issue, feel free to do the same as well! I'll try my best to get everyone sorted out. 

Cheers,

Sabrina

Galaxy S
It's also been reported on Samsung Members US @SnowCat19 is definitely not alone!
BTW - All S10 series devices are running One UI & None of them can be Rooted (locked bootloader)as for "steps to replicate" just using the phone 😉
Galaxy S

Thank you so much for your fast response Sabrina, I will send you a DM Shortly :)

Options
Galaxy S

Thanks for the info @Shaggyskunk1, noted for future reference! This is just a standard question template we use to cover our bases—gotta keep the service people happy 😉

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
This does seem to be an issue both with yourself and others, luckily for me I haven't had this issue 🤞🤞
Seeing as there are others who are experiencing the same issue then this needs to be looked into and sooner rather than later.
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
One problem might be you have auto restart on. I know on my S7, that is possible. So try going into device maintenance > click 3 dots in the corner > select "auto restart" > make sure it's turned off. Hope that helps!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
hey @awesomeness, thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I have already found this setting during my weeks of troubleshooting and found out this was not the cause of the restarts.
0 Likes
Gulala88
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My problem was that my note 10 would restart every night...big problem if I want to set an alarm.  A day ago I went to 'device care'...three dots....Auto optimization and turned the setting to 'off'.  Next moring same thing.  Then I went back in an noticed that "auto restart' was on...now I have set both to off...hopefully that will fix the problem.  I wonder why these are set to on as the default setting?

0 Likes